Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Secret Affair : Anne Curtis and Andi Eigenmann

Andi Eigenmann A Secret Affair
Andi Eigenmann
Photo credit: interaksyon.com

Derek Ramsay and Anne Curtis A Secret Affair
Derek Ramsay and Anne Curtis
Photo credit : annecurtis.ph

Anne Curtis Andi Eigenmann A Secret Affair
Anne Curtis and Andi Eigenmann
Photo credit : A Secret Affair facebook page
Last year, the movie "No Other Woman" surprised everyone when it became a phenomenal box-office success. That included me naturally. Although I must admit that I never got to watch the said film, my mom did with a friend. She later on commented that it was way better than "The Mistress" which starred Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd Cruz. 

"No Other Woman" made Anne Curtis and Cristine Reyes box-office queens. It even won a Famas best actress award for Anne Curtis. Amazing! I still don't quite understand the fascination of the general public for movies with themes about love and betrayal.

Today, "A Secret Affair" opens in cinemas. This time around it stars Anne Curtis once again, but with Andi Eigenmann as her main rival. I think Anne has proven herself to be quite an actress, so I'm guessing it's Andi's turn to prove her own in this film. It's good to see her making such a comeback since her controversial and unexpected pregnancy last year. Not many actresses are given such a chance. 

Andi Eigenmann is also doing well in primetime TV show "Kahit Puso'y Masugatan" where she plays the bratty Veronica. I think the role really suits her. The movie "A Secret Affair" may just be her big comeback project.

"A Secret Affair" has all the ingredients of a talked-about movie -- quotable quotes, direct confrontation scenes -- some elements that seem to hold the public's interests. Top it in with gorgeous looking actors and sizzling hot scenes.. voila! I admit it's a pretty intriguing movie that I'd like to watch.